Search This Blog

Friday, January 20, 2012

Welcome to the Unkindness, Conspiracy, or Constable:


Actually, welcome to my blog.  It is titled "Stark Raven Mad".  The name came to me the other day as things usually do, in a moment of fleeting inspiration.  After discussing the how-to's with my friend KP, I decided to jump on into the deep end and start blogging.  If you are reading this, you have taken the plunge, too.  Come on in; the water is fine.

For ages I have been interested in the terms for groups of animals.  Since my blog's mascot is the Raven, I did some research.  A group of Ravens is referred to as an Unkindness, a Conspiracy, or a Constable.  Since I do not think of my self as an unkind person, I am passing on using that term.  I am NOT a conspiracy theorist, so that one is also out the window.  If you follow my blog you will eventually learn that I am an ANGLOPHILE, and the term Constable is British English for peace officer.  This is the best fit for me.

I envision this blog as my stream of consciousness outlet.  Who knows what it will evolve into (yes, I believe in evolution...everything evolves all the time).  I think it will be fun to see.

So there you have it, my first posting.  Thanks for reading and check in now and again.  Let's see where this can take us.




No comments:

Post a Comment