Search This Blog

Saturday, January 21, 2012

The Eagle has landed!

What a wonderful day.  Started the morning off by attending the golf expo in St. Charles.  Met up with some of our friends, saw some more of our friends, got some nice swag, and purchased our 314Golf card for the season.

By the time we arrived home, the Wrinklies were here.  Got 2 packages in the post and one of them was for me!  A new green hoodie sweatshirt to wear to the gym...what a treat.

Off we go in the mini-van up the Great River Road to look for bald eagles.  We went last Sunday and saw dozens of them.  Today we saw a fair amount as well.  Got a few photos but did not have my telephoto lens.  Bad Donna.  Should have remembered that from last time.  Did get some nice shots of things that could be bald eagles, but when you zoom in they pixelate too much.  At least I know what they are.

Of course, a trip across the Lewis and Clark Bridge would not be complete without a stop at the infamous FAST EDDIES!  Shrimp, burgers, chick on a stick, brats, and fries.  5 people full as toads.  On the ride home we stopped for ice cream.  Don't tell my trainer, Brett.

A nice visit at home with the Wrinklies before they left for home.  Time to reflect on how wonderful my parents are.  They have done a first rate job of raising 5 children, assisting in raising 9 grandchildren, and enjoying the two great-grandkids.  They have instilled in us the best of their qualities, values, and beliefs.  They have also shared great portions of themselves with so many people...it is difficult to know how far reaching their influence has been.  I wish I was a selfless as they have been; but alas, I am not.  Still, I hope to strive for improvement.
Honestly, I just adore them!

As the evening waxes on I am going to kick back and watch a little telly.  Tomorrow is scheduled to a slow, relaxing day (I hope).  See if you can spot the eagles in the photo below:

Look straight up from here.
A nice day was had by all...






No comments:

Post a Comment